Thursday, February 3, 2011

The best trip of my life

I spent three hours in NYC. That's it. And yet, I am totally in love. I have been listening to New York State of Mind (thanks to my sorority sister), and Empire State of Mind Part 2 by Alicia Keys.
 "Big lights will inspire you"

After spending the evening in Philadelphia, sweet husband said he'd take me on a journey if I could stay up. My response was "Get me some coffee or hot chocolate and I will!" One of the neatest things about New Jersey is that they still have full service gas stations. Actually, that's all they have. You are not allowed to get out and pump your own gas.  Interesting...
Before I knew it, we were close. So close that we got the traffic report every fifteen minutes on the local radio.  And would you believe, we tried to stop at a Walmart and they were closed. I didn't know that was possible. It began to snow, but did not deter these two adventures (and their two tag alongs). As we approached the Linclon Tunnel I woke Nevaeh up. The lights were so big, the city was so big. We somehow managed to drive around. My only guess was because it was night time. Their roads are horrible. But who can blame em', they never have time to fix them.
We saw the empire state building almost immediately and then drove around aimlessly. I noticed they had a "Whole Foods Market" on every corner it seemed (foodie's heaven).  There was a Best Buy open at 3 am. At one point we tried to get out to see the Statue of Liberty and the security guard informed us we couldn't park. So we stayed in.
We were hunting for Times Square when we got pulled over in front of NYU. We had just bought the car and the tags were still showing up as registered to our other car. They let us go but not without some college students yelling at them and us asking them for directions. Eventually we made it, and even got a spot to park!

High light of the night. Nevaeh and Bre saw the giant M&M store (complete with a TV on top). After that it was over. We went home. Got there about 9 am and crashed. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment