Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Man at Walmart

There is a man who sits at Walmart, almost daily. He is seventy-seven years old.

He always talks about the same thing. How long he's been married, the fact that kids should be allowed to walk and men should pull their briches up. He asks me if my husband gets jealous. I say no and he replies "all men get jealous".  He is such a joy to talk to.

I found out the other day from his daughter that he has Alzhiemers. Actually, he's had it for ten years. That is amazing to me. I knew a woman when I was growing up whose husband got it and withing two years was almost like a baby. The man's daughter said the medicine and the time spent at Walmart does him wonders.

Sometimes I think it does us wonders as well. When we walk in Walmart, he is there almost as a door greeter is there. Dyersburg is so blessed to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment