Thursday, February 10, 2011

I must!

I need another job or something. I got such great hours and good money when I first started at Walmart. But I started two months before Christmas and at the time we were understaffed. The six hour difference is the difference between me being able to have some extra money after paying the bills and no money after paying the bills. I do have a birthday cake I am selling in a few weeks but that money needs to go either in savings or towards something for the cake business (like piping stuff for the icing).
Not to sound conceited but I am very talented in what I do- whether it be crafting or cooking or writing. I am thinking I just need to combine them. I am already selling my food. I need to do craft shows and maybe become a freelance writer. My time is very limited. Between school, Walmart, keeping up with the house and spending what little time I have with my family, it really is.
But I did some thinking the other night in the truck on my way home. I normally go to bed around twelve- thirty or one. I get up at seven. If I were to get up at five instead and work on the side money stuff or even school during that time, I would get another half a day (12 hours) a week. And that's only if I did it six days a week.
I like my sleep though. I need to get back into the secret. Maybe then I could get up and not be tired. But a woman at work told me something I can't seem to get out of my head. It went something like "It's dog eat dog world in the industry". I am not a mean person and will not step on others' toes in order to get ahead. That does not mean I won't be aggressive. I have to do it. For me, my self-confidence and my family. I must!

No comments:

Post a Comment